Project Plan

 I don't no why it would not show up (I just came back to blog more)

Project Plan

This is going to be a break down of my plan for SPO600 final project, for this project we are going to be doing a proof of concept to test i func procedures

"The goal for this project is to produce a proof-of-concept tool that will take code that meets specific conditions and automatically build it with ifunc capability to select between multiple, autovectorized versions of a function, to take advantage of the best SIMD implementation available on the CPU on which the code is running." (Chris Tyler)

To test the solution some code has been provided  https://github.com/ctyler/spo600-fall2022-project-test-code


For this task I am going to be using JSnode for the code and plan to write it on VS code or Atom. I am using these languages as I am familiar with that set up. We have some limitations to the project which are the following:

  1. This tool only operates on aarch64 systems
  2. There are three targets of interest: machines with advanced SIMD, SVE, and SVE2 capabilities
  3. There are only two input source files, one containing main (and optionally other functions) (main.c) and one containing a function to be optimized (function.c)
  4. Only function.c is built multiple times for different SIMD implementations
  5. The file function.c may only contain one function

How I plan to code this project step by step is still a work in progress as I have to do some more research to find how to take in arguments and adapt to arch64. How ever I do plan to utilize GitHub in order to maintain my code and keep track of updates and roll backs and updates. 

I do have an approach to break it down step by step and get little chunks of code to work at a time, I find that breaking down the problem into little problems helps to keep track of what I am doing and also makes the project feel less large.

update(2022 - 11 - 23) . 

At this time I am trying to find some code examples from open source code in node to examples on how to except input like a picture as an argument and how to get it to run on an Arrch64. I have been seeing a few but its a lot to take in so I need to test some of it. I am trying to understand ifunc a lot more and how the files work and learning how the compiler is going to work for this project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPO600 Lab1

SPO600(Project 3.2 FInal Post and thoughts on project and course)

SPO600(Project Part 2.1)